8.29.2009

Good whatever this is.

I'm not sure whether to wish you a "Good morning" or "Good afternoon". I never know the appropriate status of the day, my times get all screwed up. I haven't been to sleep yet, unfortunately. I was up late, angry about humanity and religion and the like. I was just about to fall asleep around 6:00 AM, when a transformer/streetlight/something blew outside my window, and pretty much startled the hell out of me. The cat was quite upset, too. I wasn't able to get to sleep after that, and I had to wake up at 7:00 for the garage sale anyway.

I was writing this in my actual journal originally, but I thought I might embellish on it here. I was sitting in the garage, watching the rain outside...thinking about how people take it for granted. Then I came inside, and as I was listening to "A Lack of Color" and watching life go on outside, I realized that people really take things for granted in life. Take rain, for instance. Rain is generally deemed unpleasant. People think rain is unfortunate, crappy, what have you. I'm sure it's to do with our obsession with aesthetics, of course. It ruins your hair, so it obviously means bad news. It's unfortunate that people can't appreciate things for what they are. All they can see is how the thing might negatively effect something so trivial and superficial compared to the vast beauty of a thunderstorm, and get all bent out of shape about it. It's the same when people don't stop to look at flowers on walks, or stop to admire the little things in life. People are always in such a rush to get to where they're going. Everyone always wants it to be tomorrow, and nobody wants to reflect on yesterday, or appreciate today. You will never get today back. Is it really necessary for you to miss out on beautiful things, just because you're impatient? I apologize, I'm rambling. It's probably the lack of sleep.

People are just too busy worrying about social status and money to be able to stop for a damn second and appreciate this world that we have to live in, and things that could make your day a lot better if you took the time to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment